Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ceremony of 12

  Now it  was December. It was the day that the ceremony had taken place. The ceremony started with the Ones, graduating from the Nurturer's Centre. I had to wait until afternoon. After the Elevens were done, I got very nervous, since the Chief would tell my assignment to everyone in the community. The Twelves were called up. I sat on the seat that said, "No.19." When Fiona was called up, who was sitting write next to me, I got so nervous that I could even hear my heart beating. After she announced her assignment, she said, "No.20." First, I thought she made a mistake. But she didn't. She skipped me. I thought that I was getting released,  the only thing that came up to my mind. After everybody was told their assignments, she called my "name", not my "number". She said,"Jonas was not assigned." I really thought I was going to be sent elsewhere. However, instead, she declared,"He was selected." After that she added,"To be the Receiver of The Memory, the most honored person in the community." First, I thought I was dreaming, so I slapped my face, which hurt. Everyone was shouting,"JONAS!!!JONAS!!!JONAS!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment