Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Receiving the Memories

  I went to the house of the Receiver. He told me to call him,"The Giver". Then he told me to lie down on the bed, which was placed at the corner of the room. Then the Giver put his put his hands on my back. His hands were very cold. I saw myself in a place where everything was white. There was nothing other than white. Then the Giver told me it was "snow". He told me that now, the community controlled the climate, so it won't snow anymore. The next thing I saw was a thing made of wood and a place where it wasn't flat. He told me the wooden thing was a "sled" and the place was called "hill". I got onto the sled and went to the hill. Then the sled started to move by itself. It was very fun going down the hill with the sled. It was the first memory I got from the Giver. It was very fun, too. However, he told me,"I will lose all the memories after giving them to you and some memories are not fun but painful."

No comments:

Post a Comment