Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Moment Of Release

  Whenever twins are born, the Nururer will weigh them and release the lighter one from the community. And now, new twins were born in the communinty. Before they were even born, the community already decided that my father was going to be the one to release one of the babies. Today, I went to the Giver's house and the memory was about my dad killing the baby. I was watching my dad injecting a liquid into the baby's head. I was curious why the communtity had to kill one of the twin babies. What were their points? When I saw my dad throwing away the baby's body in the huge kind of bin, I was so mad, I wanted to kick him in his face. But I knew it was not going to make anything better.  I wanted to make an objection to the Chief, why the community had to kill one of the twin babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment